Go Back   Yellowworld Forums > Interests > Archives > Communities > Women

Old 11-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Yellowworld Minor

noriko is on a distinguished road.
And here, by "asian" guys, i mean those who either come from very traditional AA familes, or actually live in asia.

How do you go about flirting with a guy you like? do you just wait for him to make the first move, or do you feel that most asian guys (not AA guys, i mean) are intimidated by "american" women (even asian women) and will probably not hit on you even if they really like you?

this has been my experience. on several occasions i've waited and waited for a certain guy to talk to me or ask for my #, or something, and he never does. So finally i just started figuring, ok maybe i have to make the first move. And when i did, i often found that the guy was just holding back b/c he wasn't sure if *i* was interested.

and one final bit of hilarity: there's a guy at my school who i really like. he is not only a pleasant guy, but is also really intelligent. i got to talk to him one night, and we had a great conversation....and he did tell me his name, but it completely went in one ear and out the other. So now i really need to find out what his name is, or i can't talk to him, in japanese at least! well unless i want to either be really rude and adress him as "hey you", or just speak in little-kid sentences ("food good? go movie?")

lol:)
Old 11-09-2002, 01:03 PM
JA and PROUD!

amietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond reputeamietron has a reputation beyond repute
go for it, make the first move. why not? if you want to get what you want, you're gonna have to give a little, too.

"ne, ne.. ohiru tabenai?" or "konya hima? futari de nanika shinai?"
Old 11-09-2002, 03:35 PM
very tired

kimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond reputekimpossible has a reputation beyond repute
You could bust out the keigo and ask for his name.

I've always had a really weird split reaction from AAs and fobs. AA guys disdain me but I attract fob guys like moths to a flame. Maybe I'm nothing but a big green card to them. :lol:

Sometimes the guys get a little too slimey for me in Japan -- kind of the Asian version of Asiaphiles. Some are like Americaphiles. Or hapaphiles.

-- Gore Vidal
Old 11-09-2002, 05:26 PM
YW Mafia

angel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant futureangel nympho has a brilliant future
I've gotten hit on (in the gross creepy way) by a lot more Asian guys than white guys. But from my experience, white guys have had the better approaches to me. 'Cuz I don't dig the whole "hey baby, you lookin' fiinnnne" type comments. Err, I dig them, I just don't usually take those guys seriously and actually give them my number or something. The white guys I've encountered (for the...most...part...) have been a little more conversational as opposed to... one-liner types.

Ok, that totally didn't answer the question in the post.

I'd probably not hit on a guy first, unless he was way TOO cute to let slip away. But sometimes I make eyes and stuff to catch his attention. Then let things happen. ...But I'm MUCH more likely to approach an Asian guy than a white guy... if I'm approaching anybody at all. I don't think it matters though. I usually won't approach a guy unless he's GORGEOUS and I don't wanna lose the chance. More times than not, the guy I find totally gorgeous isn't Asian. =T But I think that has more to do with WHERE I hang out than my... err... what some of you will refer to as my *subconscious mind wishing I was white*? *Shrug*

"Go ahead and label me an asshole 'cuz I can accept responsibility for what I've done, but not for what I am."
-- NOFX

Visit Me @...
http://www.crooked-halo.org
Old 11-09-2002, 05:58 PM
Yellowworld Governor

loserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud ofloserbutt has much to be proud of
heres a hint, sound intelligent and laugh a lot
Old 11-09-2002, 06:11 PM
B.I.T.C.H.

ChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond reputeChinaLama has a reputation beyond repute
hey, if a girl hits on me, i wouldn't mind. But i'd hope it's serious cuz if she's just playing w/ me...wellll....i'm a borderline 8-)

The Sexylosers Blogring

My imaginary gf and her imaginary dog :heart: YW.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:10 PM
Yellowworld Citizen

babysakura is on a distinguished road.
QUOTE:
Originally posted by loserbutt@Nov 9 2002, 05:58 PM
heres a hint, sound intelligent and laugh a lot
i think that's the basic stereotype for Asian guys. i've had a friend telling me that intelligent is sexy.

the asian guys who have approached me before will always start of with something lame like " errr...hi" *smile* *blush* *starts staring at his feet* or in worse cases, starts launching a interogation session or even start talking about just himself.

i dream of blue skies and pretty dresses..
Old 11-10-2002, 09:00 AM
Pre-conceptive Slush

Raymond is on a distinguished road.
Be yourself. If you are intelligent, it will show naturally. Oh well, Noriko. Tell us how it went last night!
Old 11-10-2002, 09:17 AM
YW Mafia

Hiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond reputeHiroshi2 has a reputation beyond repute
I actually fit the Asian male stereotype of being shy and reluctant to apporach girls. Ugh. It's frustrating, I never have the balls to really approach a girl I like first.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:24 AM
Banned Mofo

hormiga is on a distinguished road.
Take a class on flirting.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Administrator

SunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond repute
QUOTE:
Originally posted by Hello_Hapa@Nov 9 2002, 06:35 PM
I attract fob guys like moths to a flame.
:D :D :D
Old 11-11-2002, 01:05 PM
Administrator

SunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond reputeSunWuKong has a reputation beyond repute
QUOTE:
Originally posted by noriko@Nov 9 2002, 02:54 PM
And here, by "asian" guys, i mean those who either come from very traditional AA familes, or actually live in asia.

How do you go about flirting with a guy you like? do you just wait for him to make the first move, or do you feel that most asian guys (not AA guys, i mean) are intimidated by "american" women (even asian women) and will probably not hit on you even if they really like you?

this has been my experience. on several occasions i've waited and waited for a certain guy to talk to me or ask for my #, or something, and he never does. So finally i just started figuring, ok maybe i have to make the first move. And when i did, i often found that the guy was just holding back b/c he wasn't sure if *i* was interested.

and one final bit of hilarity: there's a guy at my school who i really like. he is not only a pleasant guy, but is also really intelligent. i got to talk to him one night, and we had a great conversation....and he did tell me his name, but it completely went in one ear and out the other. So now i really need to find out what his name is, or i can't talk to him, in japanese at least! well unless i want to either be really rude and adress him as "hey you", or just speak in little-kid sentences ("food good? go movie?")

lol:)
many guys in asia or fob guys can be intimidated by very westernized women. they think that these women, by virtue of being westernizes, wouldn't really be interested in them.

take the plunge and start the conversation!
Old 11-11-2002, 01:16 PM
Yellowworld Citizen

LeahLe is on a distinguished road.
I know what you mean. The guys I like I just don't have the nerves to go up and start a conversation. However, the ones that I don't intend to have anything more than just being friends I feel very comfortable chatting with them. The it ends up with the guy I like has no idea that I like him and the guy I dont like thinks that I dig him...... ;) and the vicious cycle continues.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:19 PM
Bref.

artsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond repute
If you're wondering, I just edited a spelling in your post. conversion --> conversation. :D Ah, the power of moderating.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Yellowworld Citizen

LeahLe is on a distinguished road.
Hehehe, thanks Janet!

I didn't even take a look back to make sure everything makes sense...or in this case spells correctly. hehehe shouldn't rush next time to finish an entry.