Go Back   Yellowworld Forums > Interests > Business and Careers

Business and Careers Looking for a job? Desiring to blackmail your boss? Have a business idea? Want to rant about the water cooler?

Old 01-05-2004, 09:37 AM
YW Super Mod

rice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Co-workers that talk to themselves

My co-worker, who happens to be the only person besides me in the office now and for the next week has the terribly annoying habit of talking to himself loudly and constantly. Usually I can ignore it because we're kind of a chatty office, but now that it's just the two of us I'm beginning to lose my patience. He sits at his desk and says in a normal speaking voice words he made up like "That's very abuldandajek," comments about files he's working on and just for kicks he'll blurt out nonsense statements like, "Kim, the Liberian government wants to meet with you." That was funny once. Now he repeats it, over and over and over again. I try very hard to not respond, but today being a Monday and my mood being not so great, I've started saying things like, "That's GREAT!" and "FUCKING COOL!"

I had another co-worker at the last place I worked named Rita. Same problem, only much, much creepier. She would wander the halls muttering things under her breath like, "I'm a good realtor, yes, a good realtor, I sell houses, that's what I do and I'm good at that, yes, a realtor." Or she would make comments about you, under her breath, while conversing with you. This happened all the time. The worst was if you got stuck using the bathroom with her and you had to try to pee while she sat there muttering.

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest. I will now go back to glaring at my co-worker. Maybe I should start muttering under my breath.

It's all on Google.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:39 AM
angrier than ever

kitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond reputekitty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Co-workers that talk to themselves

O.o

you sound like you're describing dustin hoffman in rain man. are you sure these people aren't challenged in some way?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:42 AM
YW Super Mod

rice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond reputerice cracker has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by kittygirl
O.o

you sound like you're describing dustin hoffman in rain man. are you sure these people aren't challenged in some way?
The person I work with now I'm pretty sure is sane and mentally capable. I think a part of it may just be him liking the sound of his own voice and the glee he gets from annoying the shit out of me.

As for Rita, she's fucking nuts. Waaaaay too intense, creepy stare and all her clothes were purchased in the 70's.

It's all on Google.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Banned Mofo

tazadar is on a distinguished road.

I guess it's not too terribly annoying as talking about your co-worker behind his back. Do you think he'll do that if you're not there? I hope you feel better.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:35 AM
YW Super Mod

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by tazadar
I guess it's not too terribly annoying as talking about your co-worker behind his back. Do you think he'll do that if you're not there? I hope you feel better.
Man, it's either rant about him behind his back or stab him with scissors.

It's all on Google.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Banned Mofo

tazadar is on a distinguished road.

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by rice cracker
Yah, you don't want to do that.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Woman of the Waters

Kuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE:
Or give him the same medicine. See how he would like it if you did it to him? Start creeping him out Maybe start talking like Gollum hehe
Old 01-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Yellowworld City Council Member

dragonlord has much to be proud ofdragonlord has much to be proud ofdragonlord has much to be proud ofdragonlord has much to be proud ofdragonlord has much to be proud ofdragonlord has much to be proud ofdragonlord has much to be proud ofdragonlord has much to be proud of

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by Kuchana
Or give him the same medicine. See how he would like it if you did it to him? Start creeping him out Maybe start talking like Gollum hehe
...In Korean.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:51 AM
YW Super Mod

QUOTE:
I've taken to picking my nose and wiggling my finger at him. He gets so grossed out he shuts his eyes and ignores me for a good 15 minutes.

It's all on Google.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Jen...An IC3

nonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond reputenonamerasian has a reputation beyond repute

There is this one guy I've met who even laughs with himself.

I guess everyone chuckles with themselves now and again, but this guy has a loud, creepy, high-pitched laugh.

His talks aren't loud, but he talks to himself, nontheless. . .In a Southern accent!

I have nothing against Southern accents, but dude doesn't speak with an accent unless he is talking to himself.

He doesn't just think to himself aloud, but he actually has long conversations with himself. . .Debates. . .Occasionally interrupted by that squeal of a laugh.

These are usually about the social issues of the day, but sometimes about sports, too.

Nothing worth laughing about.

It sounds like he is speaking on a phone or something and as if he gives his alternate a chance to speak before stating his point of view or breaking out in that ridiculous laugher. But, sometimes he sounds rude, as if he is interrupting his verbal sparing partner when he breaks out with his, "Hey, ya'll better hang on now," "Hey, hey, hey," or, "That ain't right."

At first I was a bit freaked by this, thinking the guy may have been speaking to humorous people invisible to myself.

I've learnt to ignore him, though.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:21 AM
YW Super Mod

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has this issue.

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by nonamerasian
He doesn't just think to himself aloud, but he actually has long conversations with himself. . .Debates. . .Occasionally interrupted by that squeal of a laugh.
This guy and Rita could be soul mates.

It's all on Google.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Woman of the Waters

Kuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond reputeKuchana has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE:
Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has this issue.

This guy and Rita could be soul mates.
Maybe you should do the good Samaritan thing and fix them up
Old 01-05-2004, 11:25 AM
YW Super Mod

QUOTE:
Maybe you should do the good Samaritan thing and fix them up
Ah, aheh, um...no thanks *runs away* Man, dealing with Rita was bad enough, I don't even want to imagine the frisson that would occur if she were to meet this guy.

It's all on Google.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Juror #2

mr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond reputemr. x has a reputation beyond repute

"We wants a promotion dont we...MY PRECIOUS!"
Old 01-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Bref.

artsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond reputeartsfartsyjanet has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by nonamerasian
I guess everyone chuckles with themselves now and again, but this guy has a loud, creepy, high-pitched laugh.
hahah.... i used to have a supervisor during my internship with a systems administrator, and he's on the computer a lot talking shiet to his computer. it's pretty funny to me...not too much of an annoyance. I sit near him. So, sometimes, i turn around b/c i'd think he's talking to me, but i just brush it off.