Go Back   Yellowworld Forums > General > Current Events

Current Events From your backyard to Botswana -- current news, political and world events seen through the eyes of Asian America.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Yellowworld Governor

drydem is infamous around these partsdrydem is infamous around these parts
Washington DC Ward 8 Councilman Marion Barry apologizes for ethnic cleansing remark

Washington DC Ward 8 councilman Marion Barry apologizes
for advocating the forcible removal of all asian american businesses
in Ward 8 after his primary win last night. Local african american
leaders were shocked and condemned Barry's anti asian diatribe
which was caught on tape by a local TV station.
Barry made a half hearted apology saying that he really didn't
mean to offend the asian american community and was
only referring to the "bad" asian businesses in Ward 8.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Oldest member of YW

sageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Washington DC Ward 8 Councilman Marion Barry apologizes for ethnic cleansing rema

Obviously a moral supporter of Rodney King.

I also could peg him as a supporter of the rioters after King's assailants were exonerated which contributed to the blacks rioting and taking out their frustrations against the Koreans.

Barry is no different then, from Indonesians thugs who, rather than fighting amongst themselves, choose a target with assets they desire, and then run riot looting and pillaging.

He just admitted that blacks will take out their frustrations at being oppressed by The Man on innocent Asians. This is called the kick-the-dog effect.

I guess he couldn't say any anti-white sentiments because they voted for him last time.
Linux 2.6.38-14-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 27 18:48:46 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/sageb1
My blog: http://gandhara.blogspot.com/
My music: http://www.mix.dj/Sageb1

Last edited by sageb1; 04-23-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Yellowworld Governor

Re: Washington DC Ward 8 Councilman Marion Barry apologizes for ethnic cleansing rema

Recently in the news, Marion Barry reportedly complained to the President of
the Hospital runned by the University of the District Columbia that most if
not all of the nursers were Asian (filipino) and ask why isn't the hospital
hiring african american nurses?

Background:
There is a world wide shortage of nurses - with the USA sucking up most of the global supply of nurses (via bodyshops and headhunters). While the USA has a very restrictive examination/licensing to allow foriegn/H1-B medical physicians, the USA is easy going with licensing to allow foriegn/H1-B nurses. Nursing takes +6 years of school and even after passing the difficult exams to become a Registered Nurse (RN) make a fraction of what a medical physcian or tech might make. In addition, many nurses complain of the long hour and the lower social/professional status they have among medical physicians. Because a signficant percentage of nurses are in the USA via the H1-B Visa program, even the non-asian descent nurses also tend to be H1-B Visa workers as well. The professional retention rate of nursing is very low and some nurses quite from *burn-out.*

Last edited by drydem; 04-24-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Oldest member of YW

sageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond reputesageb1 has a reputation beyond repute

Plus Asian flips, especially pinay r hard workers while, from listening to black women complain on twitter, the black woman is oppressed if you don't pay overtime.

I know of Filipino help got in to work at a fastfood joint, a pizza company, cos they can't complain & be lazy like white kids.
Linux 2.6.38-14-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 27 18:48:46 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/sageb1
My blog: http://gandhara.blogspot.com/
My music: http://www.mix.dj/Sageb1

Last edited by sageb1; 04-26-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: corrected join to "joint" & described the joint.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Yellowworld Governor

Update News:
=========

Washington DC Ward 8 Councilman Marion Barry holds a private meeting to mend relationship with the Asian American community over two public disparaging anti-asian remarks that he(Barry) made recently. However, Marion Barry removes the news media reporters at this meeting to preclude a public apology and then talks to the Asian American Leaders behind closed doors. Behind closed door news media reporters over hears an African American woman Geraldine Hall who was brought in by Barry to testify how korean american stores were dirty and to justify Barry's previous disparaging anti asian remark about korean stores in ward 8. Reportedly, Barry then tries to make amends by saying "The Irish caught hell, the Jews caught hell, the Polacks caught hell... We want Ward 8 to be the model of diversity.” However, DC Councilman Barry's negative ethnic reference to Poles however was not unnoticed and now he has even more people upset at him.

source:
=====
Marion Barry’s Apology Goes Slightly Awry
Sudip Bhattacharya, Washington City Paper. May. 24, 2012 at 4:53 pm

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...ry/#more-90210

Marion Barry commits new gaffe while apologizing to Asians
Paul Schwartzman, Washington Post. May 24 2012.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...washingtonpost

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by drydem View Post
Recently in the news, Marion Barry reportedly complained to the President of the Hospital runned by the University of the District Columbia that most if not all of the nursers were Asian (filipino) and ask why isn't the hospital hiring african american nurses?

Background:
There is a world wide shortage of nurses - with the USA sucking up most of the global supply of nurses (via bodyshops and headhunters). While the USA has a very restrictive examination/licensing to allow foriegn/H1-B medical physicians, the USA is easy going with licensing to allow foriegn/H1-B nurses. Nursing takes +6 years of school and even after passing the difficult exams to become a Registered Nurse (RN) make a fraction of what a medical physcian or tech might make. In addition, many nurses complain of the long hour and the lower social/professional status they have among medical physicians. Because a signficant percentage of nurses are in the USA via the H1-B Visa program, even the non-asian descent nurses also tend to be H1-B Visa workers as well. The professional retention rate of nursing is very low and some nurses quite from *burn-out.*

Last edited by drydem; 05-26-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Son of ARVN

LaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond reputeLaiSteve66 has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by Marion Barry
why isn't the hospital
hiring african american nurses?
What black nurses?