Where do you all put your money? (checking, savings, etc)
With the endless possiblities to put your money, where do you all park your extra money?
For me, I have:
1) Kinecta Federal Credit Union - my primary checking account. pretty convenient for me. no stupid fees. short lines. plus they my credit union is linked with the co-op network, so i pretty can access virtually any credit union ATM for free. and get 0.25% interest. hehe, not bad for checking.
2) Washington Mutual - not too bad. no fees or anything, but no interest. plus the lines can get pretty long at the bank. more like a backup for me in case i cant find a credit union ATM around.
3) Citibank EZ Checking - ugh they are so annoying. fees to wire money in or out. long lines at bank. and just dont like the service. getting rid of this one as soon as the promotion runs out.
1) Kinecta Federal Credit Union - savings rate is okay at 0.5%. better than most other well-known banks though.
2) EmigrantDirect - 4.0%APY as of 12/2005. yeah baby! practically park all my liquid cash here. and i heard they're gonna come out with a cash rebate credit card in 2006. can't wait!
3) ING Direct - actually first started out using ING Direct, but have since shifted all my money to Emigrant Direct, since ING gives less interest than Emigrant. I like their website though...
Sharebuilder - i think they're pretty good, but to be honest haven't done all that much research in this area. no complaints so far.
Scottrade - pretty new for me, so can't comment too much. $7 per trade plus pretty good reviews was what drew me.
What do you guys think?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Extending daylight savings||Faithless||Rant Room||7||07-27-2005 10:27 AM|
|Money vs. Sex||TB4000||Sex & Health||3||04-28-2004 11:13 PM|
|Opinions on savings bonds?||>:^|||...Whatever||6||03-22-2004 01:37 PM|
|Florida Checking In||Danny||Introductions||12||08-13-2002 05:42 AM|