PDA

View Full Version : how to commit suicide

sandra
12-31-2002, 03:42 AM
i was pretty surprised at the resources available for individuals interested in commiting suicide (i was just looking and it caught my attention.) some sites even have forums where individuals encourage each other to do so...to end the pain, etc. it's pretty freaky.

Amobarbital (Amytal, Amal, Eunoctal, Etamyl, Stadadorm)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 4.5 grammes, typically 90 50mg tablets
Time: unconscious in 5 -> 15 minutes, death in 20 -> 50 minutes
Available: needs to be prescribed
Certainty: very reliable
Notes: use an airtight plastic bag, and a rubber band to get a very effective method. Alcohol speeds it up and makes it more reliable. Take an antihistamine about 10 minutes earlier. Empty stomach. Dissolve most of them in drink / food, and eat the remaining ones first so that it all peaks at the same time.

Butabarbital (Secbutobarbitone, Butisol, Ethnor) [this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 3 grammes, typically 100 30mg tablets
Certainty: very reliable
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach.

Codeine (Combo. With Aspirin: Empirin Compound No. I -> IV)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 2.4 grammes, typically 80 30mg tablets
Certainty: reliable with plastic bag and rubber band
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach. People can become tolerant to this drug, and it will no longer be effective.

Diazepam (Valium, Apozepam, Aliseum, Ducene)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 500 milligrammes, typically 100 5mg tablets
Time: N/A
Certainty: unreliable, use in combination with something else (alcohol?)
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach. Valium is not effective by itself, but by mixing it with other drugs or alcohol it makes it more certain.

Flurazepam (Dalmane, Dalmadorm, Niotal) [this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 3 grammes, typically 100 30mg tablets
Certainty: unreliable, use in combination with something else
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach. This is not effective by itself, but by mixing it with other drugs or alcohol it makes the other drug more certain.

Gluthethimide (Doriden, Doridene, Glimid)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 24 grammes, typically 48 500mg tablets
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach. This is not effective by itself, but by mixing it with other drugs or alcohol it makes the other drug more certain.

Chloral Hydrate (Noctec, Chloratex, Somnox)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: >10+ grammes, typically 20+ 500mg tablets

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Pentagone)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 100 -> 200 milligrammes, typically 50 -> 100 2mg tablets
Certainty: very reliable with plastic bag and rubber band
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach. People can become tolerant to this drug, and it will no longer be effective.

Meprobamate (Miltown, Equanil)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 45 grammes, typically 112 400mg tablets

Methyprylon (Noludar)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 15 grammes, typically 50 300mg tablets

Meperidine (Pethidine, Demerol, Dolantin)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 3.6 grammes, typically 72 50mg tablets

Methadone (Dolophine, Adanon)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 300 milligrammes, typically 60 5mg tablets

Morphine (In Brompton'S Mixtures)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 200 milligrammes, typically 14 15mg tablets

Phenobarbital (Luminal, Gardenal, Fenical)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 4.5 grammes, typically 150 30mg tablets

Secobarbital (Quinalbarbitone, Seconal, Immenox, Dormona, Secogen, Seral, Vesperax (Combo With Brallobarbital))
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 4.5 grammes, typically 45 100mg tablets
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach. [Vesperax is Humphry's favorite]

Propoxyphene (Darvon, Dolotard, Abalgin, Antalvic, Depronal)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 2 grammes, typically 30 65mg tablets
Time: death in an hour or so. Does not make you unconscious
Certainty: suggest combine with something to make you sleep, then use bag.
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach. Since this one doesn't make you unconscious for a long time, try combining with one that does, so you can use the good old bag method.

Pentobarbital (Nembutal, Carbrital Only If In Combo With Pentobarbital)
[this entry from [1]]
Dosage: 3 grammes, typically 30 100mg tablets
Notes: use bag & band. Alcohol as well as antihistamine on an empty stomach

tapestrybabe
12-31-2002, 03:53 AM
omg, yeah...
what a coincidence... i read that SAME EXACT thing on the web somewhere also... and it kinda freaked me out too... and if i remember correctly... there use to be a book out... that was about different procedures of how to kill yourself... and i think they actually took it off the market...

yeah, i agree with you... stuff like that is pretty freaky...

BaiginLong
12-31-2002, 03:55 AM
OMFG that is fucking sick
excuse the expletive
:gross:

sandra
12-31-2002, 03:57 AM
just google it. "how to commit suicide". you'll find a way that suits you. if you want to die, that is.

wylin
12-31-2002, 09:20 AM
just use a sword or gun, for the blade just cut a large hole in your abdomen then slit the hole up or down to completely disembowl ones self. For the gun, use a large calibur place it sorely in your mouth in the soft fleshy areas and pull the trigger, i recomend using shotgun so u dont miss and endure a long recovery process.

SunWuKong
12-31-2002, 09:28 AM
and if you want to slit your wrist, make sure that you are slitting along the length of your arm instead of across the wrist. that's the correct way to do it.

wylin
12-31-2002, 09:32 AM
Nah gotta die a mans way in either an explosion or lots of blood. if i was gonna kill myself i'd go on a rampage and attack the police station terminator style or just run around randomly causing havoc. Like grand theft auto!

deez nuts
12-31-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by wylin@Dec 31 2002, 11:32 AM
Nah gotta die a mans way in either an explosion or lots of blood. if i was gonna kill myself i'd go on a rampage and attack the police station terminator style or just run around randomly causing havoc. Like grand theft auto!
And then replenish your life bar with hookers!

pfc beansprout
12-31-2002, 10:44 AM
heh...they release "suicide for dummies" yet? :ph34r:

achtungbaby
12-31-2002, 10:53 AM
All great tips, thank you! :lol:

deez nuts
12-31-2002, 10:54 AM
Geez who wrote that?

Dr. Kevorkian? Didn't he just use a morphine drip and Potassium Chloride?

axi0m
12-31-2002, 11:58 AM
Dying GTA style would be neat. :)

-Satoshi-

ChairmanMah
12-31-2002, 12:10 PM
Snuff is pretty sick too. It's one of the only things that truly sickens me almost to tears.

I don't understand why anyone would like to see someone dying and alot of the times in an unpleasant way.

An example would be that movie 8mm w/ Nicolas Cage about the same topic.

ChairmanMah
12-31-2002, 12:13 PM
but back to the topic.

If i was to commit suicide i'd prolly want to be one of those psychos that took out some cops and other racist dickheads too like politicians.

tomtomtom
12-31-2002, 12:28 PM
:frown: I tried a version of one of these suggestions when I was 18 and despondant that I might not graduate from High School [one of my teachers leaned on me pretty hard] luckily I was not sucessful and just got REALLY sick [the teacher backed off too] , no internet to help out in those days, didn't know about the bag trick. It was a permanent cure for my "teenage death wish" though. Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, life Does get better with age! Just glad to be here, Tom

wylin
12-31-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by ChairmanMah@Dec 31 2002, 11:13 AM
but back to the topic.

If i was to commit suicide i'd prolly want to be one of those psychos that took out some cops and other racist dickheads too like politicians.
i thought u'd be goin wacko throwing beavers around while riding ur moosr and attacking candian mounted police, while yelling obesinities in french and farting like a mofo. Candian GTA style adds moose ride, beaver bombs, and wolverine costume.

Hiroshi2
12-31-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by SunWuKung@Dec 31 2002, 08:28 AM
and if you want to slit your wrist, make sure that you are slitting along the length of your arm instead of across the wrist. that's the correct way to do it.
I've tried that twice before, luckily it was unsuccessful and I had two cuts on my arm that I had to lie about.

That site is pretty disturbing.

sandra
12-31-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Hiroshi2@Dec 31 2002, 02:56 PM
I've tried that twice before, luckily it was unsuccessful and I had two cuts on my arm that I had to lie about.

That site is pretty disturbing.
whoa. i hope you're not suicidal anymore...*hugs*

Saiko
12-31-2002, 04:17 PM
*runs off to the drugstore*

wylin
12-31-2002, 04:20 PM
i've always felt like the japanese way of the samurai, the disembowlment suicide is the way i'd kill myself if i had to. Tho i feel that suicide is a cowards way out.

SunWuKong
12-31-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by wylin@Dec 31 2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ChairmanMah@Dec 31 2002, 11:13 AM
but back to the topic.

i thought u'd be goin wacko throwing beavers around while riding ur moosr and attacking candian mounted police, while yelling obesinities in french and farting like a mofo. Candian GTA style adds moose ride, beaver bombs, and wolverine costume.
shit i want to ride a moose too! :lol:
and fart while i'm doing it. that would rock.

angel nympho
12-31-2002, 04:32 PM
Way bak in the day, I actually looked it up.

Most of the time, internet sources had a disclaimer attatched to them.

lethal
12-31-2002, 06:47 PM
I read somewher ethat women who tried to commit suicide generally used less violent means (pills) while men used violent means (guns). I'm not sure where in the spectrum of violence slitting wrists falls.

applehead
12-31-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by SunWuKung@Dec 31 2002, 08:28 AM
what?
i don't remember reading that in the bell jar?

:lol:

artsfartsyjanet
12-31-2002, 09:34 PM
I just read this forum only minutes of getting ready for a new year's party. gotta get back to it later.

BaiginLong
12-31-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by wylin@Dec 31 2002, 05:20 PM
i've always felt like the japanese way of the samurai, the disembowlment suicide is the way i'd kill myself if i had to. Tho i feel that suicide is a cowards way out.
ditto

BaiginLong
12-31-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Saiko@Dec 31 2002, 05:17 PM
*runs off to the drugstore*
I hope you're just getting cold medicine

*runs off to drugstore himself*
time to mix up some POS-51
hehehe

tvbdude
12-31-2002, 11:43 PM
If I was to commit suicide, I'll stock up on guns and ammo and kill all my enemies John Woo style.

artsfartsyjanet
01-01-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by lethalweapon@Dec 31 2002, 08:47 PM
I read somewher ethat women who tried to commit suicide generally used less violent means (pills) while men used violent means (guns).  I'm not sure where in the spectrum of violence slitting wrists falls.
Reports do show that more men use lethal means (e.g. guns) than pills. More women do overdose than men. Some women say it's cleaner using pills, but guys think it's an immediate and more guaranteed way to die using a gun. Besides, completed suicides are done by men more than women. So although more women seem to be suicidal (no matter what the risk level), more men than women actually complete a suicide.

Oh for those of you who don't know (newbies), I'm a crisis worker for a national suicide hotline, and a support staff at an adolescent suicide hotline where i supervise the crisis workers who are trained in crisis prevention, intervention, and postvention and who are all under 21 y.o.

artsfartsyjanet
01-01-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by tazadar@Jan 1 2003, 12:27 PM
Janet, That makes sense on the clean death, but who has to clean up their dead body. The cleanest method of suicide is take the pills and jump into a fiery pit of a volcano.
Allow myself to clarify. When I mean "cleaner" I meant it's a quicker means to end one's life as successfully as possible for men to use a firearm. I've seen documentaries of people at the scene of their suicides, and for the men who use firearms, it's not a pretty sight. Of course, if it backfires, then it's a slow regretful way to heal and a very torturous way to live one's life. As for pills, the process of dying is usually much slower for those who try to attempt. In most cases, people just pop in a bunch of pills from whatever they have access to in their house. Believe it or not, it's the mentality of a lot of women who think firearms are messier than OD'ing.

angel nympho
01-01-2003, 01:43 PM
I tried with pills once. I didn't use a gun, 'cuz I guess subconsciously, I didn't really think i wanted to do it. I figured, if I didn't take the WHOLE bottle, we could just kinda "see what happens." That and I don't have access to guns.

teaz0r
01-01-2003, 04:18 PM
my stomach's been pumped once too many times.
i've been stupid too many times.

artsfartsyjanet
01-01-2003, 05:24 PM
A lot of cutters I talk to are pretty good about hiding what they're doing. They usually use a razor and cut themselves in areas where most people can't find them. Why do people cut themselves? Many of the people who cut themselves with a razor or by whatever means say that it's a way of reaffirming their existence even though they feel like the walking dead or zombies. They just feel very numb because the pain they've endured seems to have been the worst. So anything else like cutting oneself with a razor or other self-inflicting "coping" behaviors doesn't seem as bad.

angel nympho
01-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by artsfartsyjanet@Jan 2 2003, 12:24 AM
A lot of cutters I talk to are pretty good about hiding what they're doing. They usually use a razor and cut themselves in areas where most people can't find them. Why do people cut themselves? Many of the people who cut themselves with a razor or by whatever means say that it's a way of reaffirming their existence even though they feel like the walking dead or zombies. They just feel very numb because the pain they've endured seems to have been the worst. So anything else like cutting oneself with a razor or other self-inflicting "coping" behaviors doesn't seem as bad.
I did it for a pretty long time. Nobody ever found out, no problem. I did it to make sure I was still real... like, I couldn't feel anything anymore, it seemed. And it was kinda a power trip. That and watching yourself bleed feels like it's cleansing you of all the crap inside of you.

BaiginLong
01-02-2003, 12:22 AM
man this isn't good too many ppl go suicidal or have gone suicidal in this world

I don't think i'll ever go that far though I'm living hell on a day-to-day basis heh
but yeah
If anything, I've learned that it is better to be strong and don't be afraid to look for help and find a good shoulder to lean on
but no matter what keep living cause you'll never know what else life has in store for you and wether or not you will see the end of the tunnel and make something of yourself if you end it all
keep fighting cause it's better to die knowing you tried your best and never gave up

^_^

wylin
01-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Why be sucidal when u can be homicidal? i still dont get the weaklings way out of suicide, really if life sucks balls do sumthing to change it, like join the military.

Hiroshi2
01-02-2003, 05:24 AM
^ Yeah why kill yourself when you kill all the people who ever pissed you off right ;)

About the cutting thing, yeah i can understand wanting to feel "alive". I know sometimes I'd feel so "dead" i'd literally feel like i was dead, as if i had some sort of "out-of-body" experience.

It reminds me of the line from Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls (yeah I know it's supposed to be a happy song, but whatever):

"When everything feels like the movies, yeah you bleed just to know you're alive"

wylin
01-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by artsfartsyjanet@Jan 1 2003, 04:24 PM
why not when ur cutting either combine that w/ self circumcision or shaving?

artsfartsyjanet
01-02-2003, 10:27 AM
i don't think most people I talk to who cut themselves really care about killing two birds with one stone during their periods of self-infliction.